Having a bad day? Need a little inspiration? Just and spoonful of sugar and these fifteen Disney quotes are sure to give you the cheerful boost you need.
Some are inspiring, some funny, and a few are just plain wise. Read on…
1. “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” Gusteau (Ratatouille)
Ah, Gusteau. If you’ve seen Ratatouille, chances are you read this quote in the unforgettable deep, French drawl of masterchef Gusteau. He acts as a guide to Remy, who is navigating the difficulties of following his true passion, even when his family disapproves. If you’re chasing a dream, and feeling that no one believes in you, let Gusteau be your guide, too.
2. “Who says that my dreams have to just stay my dreams?” Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
You tell ‘em Ariel! If anyone says your dreams have to stay your dreams – they’re wrong. Just don’t let an evil undersea witch take away your voice in order to get them… In other words, don’t sell your soul!!Chase your dreams without sacrificing any dignity or happiness.
We’ve all been stuck. We’ve all been teenagers who want to live anywhere but under our parents’ roof. Okay, fine, we haven’t all been lion cubs who’s father died right in front of us , but still, we can relate to Simba’s celebration of his independence. It feels so good to be out on your own, in charge of your own fate!
4. “Your talent makes you who you are. You should be proud of it.” Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
This Tink quote is like a mantra. We should all recite this to ourselves in the mirror each morning. Especially on those days where we feel like outsiders, or too different to fit in. But those differences are the key to our successes!!
5. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all.” Emperor (Mulan)
This almost sounds like a proverb. Inspiring, simple, and beautiful. The Emperor should definitely get a twitter.
6. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. “ Christopher Robin (Winnie The Pooh)
Christopher Robin, so wise. Sometimes just a simple sentence like this can provide a nice little confidence boost. Wonder what Christopher Robin is up to these days. Probably brightening everyone’s day somewhere in the Hundred Acre Wood.
7. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” — Edna Mode (The Incredibles)
This must be read in Edna’s voice…. daaahling. Edna stands about three feet tall, but her confidence makes her seem like the largest presence in any room she occupies. She’s spot on with this line – we can’t change the past, or predict the future, so why not just focus on the present?
8. “Oh, yes the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” Rafiki (The Lion King)
When he’s not running around like a mad man and painting on young Simba’s face, Rafiki’s lines were almost exclusively brilliant, philosophical statements. A quote like this can make us feel less alone. We’ve all been through tough stuff in the past, and this wise little baboon reminds us that the best way to heal, is to face our problems head on.
9. “You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head… but I’ll tell you a secret… all of the best people are.” The Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)
It feels good when our strange oddities are celebrated. Like all weird people are special and part of an elite group. If this line doesn’t make you want to run outside and yell something crazy at the top of your lungs, then I don’t know what will.
10. “If watching is all you’re going to do, then you’re going to watch your life go by without you.” – Laverne (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Sometimes we need to hear this. At times when all we need is a little push. It’s easy to get into a rut, and fall into routine that we don’t want to be in. Be assertive and active, and don’t let your life go by without doing the things you set out to do.
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite Disney quote?
Let us know in the comments below!
All Image Credit goes to the great people at Disney